Monday, March 31, 2014

One Day Like This - Elbow

The trick with this song is to let it build, and avoid every verse sounding like the last. build slowly, like Hey Jude.
 

Nice version from the West Cork Ukulele Orchestra as well

(Single strums)
F 2010
Drinking in the morning sun
F/A# 2011
Blinking in the morning sun
F/C 2013
Shaking off the heavy one
F/A# 2011
Heavy like a loaded gun

F
What made me behave that way?
F/A#
Using words I never say
F/C
I can only think it must be love
F/A#
Oh, anyway
F/A#                           F
It's looking like a beautiful day

(strum with more energy, still light)

F
Someone tell me how I feel
F/A#
It's silly wrong but vivid right
F/C
Oh, kiss me like the final meal
F/A#
Yeah, kiss me like we die tonight

F
Cause holy cow I love your eyes
F/A#
And only now I see the light
F
Yeah Lying with me half-awake
F/A#
Oh, anyway
F/A#                           F
It's looking like a beautiful day

(more energy)

(Same as 1st verse)
When my face
Is chamois-creased
If you think
I'll wink, I did
Laugh politely
At repeats
Yeah, kiss me
When my lips are thin

(lots more energy)
Cause holy cow
I love your eyes
And only now
I see you like
Yeah, lying with me
Half-awake
Stumbling over
What to say
Well, anyway
It's looking
Like a beautiful day

5553                     3331
So throw those curtains wide
     x565
One day like this
                5553
A year'd see me right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.