Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Susanne was a friend who'd committed suicide. There's a lot of pain in this one though written when Taylor was only 22. I mean, what's Taylor Swift got to complain about compared to that!

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/firerain.asp

C                      Gm7       0211          F                     C
Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
                     G                                     Bb
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
C                           Gm7               F                        C
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
 G          Bb
I just can't remember who to send it to

F              Dm7 2213     G11 0213   C               F                            Dm7   G11   C
I've seen fire and          I've seen rain I seen sunny days that I thought would never end
          F                                       Dm7       G11     C
 I saw lonely times when I could not find a friend
           Bb                           F                 Gm7  
But I always thought that I'd see you again

                         C                      Gm7 0211       F                     C
Won't you look down upon me Jesus you got to help me make a stand
                     G                                     Bb
You just got to see me through another day
C              Gm7               F                        C
My bodies aching and my time is at hand
            G            Bb
An' I won't make it any other way

(chorus)

C                      Gm7       0211          F                     C
Been walking my mind to an easy time my back turned towards the sun
                     G                                     Bb
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn you head around
                    C                           Gm7                      F                        C
Well there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things to come
                     G              Bb
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.