Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bein' Green

A classic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY (Kermit)
Even Van Morrison covered it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3L9P4RlrjQ

Gmaj7 0222
It's not easy bein' green
F#7 3421
Having to spend each day
Dm6 4210
The color of the leaves
E7
When I think it could be nicer
Am7
Bein' red or yellow or gold
D7                                                       G  D7
Or something much more colorful like that

Gmaj7
It's not easy bein' green
F#7
It seems you blend in
Dm6
With so many other ordinary things
E7
And people tend to pass you over
Am7
'Cause you're not standing out
D7
Like flashy sparkles on the water
                        G D7
Or stars in the sky

Fmaj7 2413
But green's the color of spring
Bbmaj7 3210
And green can be cool and friendly like
Em7
And green can be big like an ocean
A7                                              Am7              D7
 Or important like a mountain or tall like a tree

Gmaj7
When green is all there is to be
F#7                      Dm6
It could make you wonder why
E7
But, why wonder, why wonder?
Am7
I'm green and it'll do fine
D7                                                           G
It's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.