Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween: Sally's Song from a Nightmare Before Christmas

A modern Halloween classic I think from A Nightmare Before ChristmasHelena Bonham Carter's version is good, but here's the original: Sally was voiced by Catherine O'Hara who was also in Beetlejuice among others.

Am/C = 2003

                Em       Am      F
I sense there's something in the wind
                B7           Em
That feels like tragedy's at hand
    D           G                F
And though I'd like to stand by him
      B7 Em
Can't shake this feeling that I have
      D7      G     F
The worst is just around the bend.

F    Em   B7
And does he notice
   Am/C      F
My feelings for   him    
   Em        B7     Am/C  
 And will he see    How  much he means to me      
   B7         Em
I think it's not to be.
             Em     Am       F
What will become of my dear friend?
                B7           Em
Where will his actions lead us then?
    D           G                F
And though I'd like to join the crowd
   B7 Em
In their enthusiastic cloud
    D    G F
Try as I may it doesn't last

   Em   B7
And will we ever
Am/C      F
End up together    
   Em        B7  Am/C  
No, I think not, it's never to become      
   B7         Em
For I am not the one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.