Friday, April 26, 2013

Hula Girl

A fun little song, and not too hard, I think. This one is in the key of F, like mine below.
There's a few versions in G as well. That one has the chords in G in the description.
Love this one with Robert Crumb & The Cheap Suit Serenaders.

F D7 G7 C7 F

F                          G7
All the time, In the tropical clime, where they do the hula hula dance
C7     F                    Bb                F    
I fell in love, With a chocolate dove while learning that funny funny dance
        F  G7
This poor little kid, Why, she never did a bit of loving before
       G7                                    F        G7             C7    F
So I made up my mind, That I struck a find,  she's the only girl I'd dare adore

[CHORUS]

C7                                                    F
I love a pretty little Honolulu, hula hula girl (she's the candy kid to wriggle)
C7
Hula girl, (she will surely make you giggle)
F
Hula girl, (with her naughty little wiggle)
C7 F
Some day, I'm goin' to try to make this hula hula girlie mine, this girlie mine
             D7           G7        F             C7     F              
'Cause all the while I'm dreaming of her my Honolulu hula girl

C7 F C7 F C7 F D7 G7  F C7 F

F         G7
Out at the beach, with your dear little peach where the waves are rolling in so high
C7         F                      Bb                       F
Holding her hand, while you sit on the sand, promise you'll win her heart or die
F G7
You start in to tease, you give her a squeeze her heart is all in a whirl
G7       F                             G7                    C7    F
If you get in a pinch, go to, it's a cinch! When spooning with a hula girl

[CHORUS]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.