Monday, December 3, 2012

You've got a friend in me


Not Christmassy, but Christmas is all about the kids and they may call on you to play something, and they all know this one from Toy Story.

Chords are all here: http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs/070128.html
There's also a nice tutorial with even simpler chords here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDK384r4Nvk Mike even leaves out the tricky middle eight.

This version is complete and based on these chords: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwF68-I3qos

"You've Got A Friend In Me" by Randy Newman

C C7 F F#dim C G7
C B Bb B C B Bb C

[C]You've got a [Gaug]friend in [C]me [C7add9]
[F]You've got a [F#dim]friend in [C]me [C7]
[F]When the [C]road looks [E7]rough [Am]ahead
And you're [F]miles and [C]miles
From your [E7]nice warm [Am]bed
[F]Just re[C]member what your [E7]old pal [Am]said
Boy, [D7]you've got a [G7]friend in [C]me

[C]You've got a [Gaug]friend in [C]me[C7add9]
[F]You've got a [F#dim]friend in [C]me
[F]You've got [C]troubles, well [E7]I've got 'em [Am]too
[F]There isn't [C]anything [E7]I wouldn't [Am]do for you
[F]We stick to[C]gether and we [E7]see it [Am]through
[D7]you've got a [G7]friend in [C]me [C7]

[F]Some other folks might be
A [B7]little bit smarter than I am
[C]Bigger and [F#dim]stronger [C]too
Maybe
[B7]But none of [E6]them will [Fdim]ever [B7]love you the [Em]way I [A7]do
It's [Dm7]me and [G7]you, boy

[C]And as the [Gaug]years go [C]by[C7add9]
Our [F]friendship will [F#dim]never [C]die
[F]You're gonna [F#dim]see
It's our [C]des[E7]ti[A7]ny
[D7]you've got a [G7]friend in [C]me [A7]
[D7]you've got a [G7]friend in [C]me

G7 C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.