Sunday, August 26, 2012

Angelina

You can get the strum here. It sounds like "Angelina".

Good calypso strum lesson here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49goLVPAVs

Original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5wxNUpmMF0 (yes, the steel drum is a bit out of tune at the start!)

Harry Belafonte - Angelina

   (capo 1st fret)

Intro - D – G – A – D  = 4x's

(chorus)
  D          G     A                          D
Angelina, Angelina,  please bring down your concertina
                       G              A         A7        D
And play a welcome for me 'cause I'll be coming home from sea


(verse 1)
             D          G        D
Yes it's so long since I've been home
             D          G        A
Seems like there's no place to roam
           D       G         D
Well I've sailed around the Horn
                               G
I've been from San Jose up to Baffin Bay
          D        A      D
And I've rode out many a storm

(chorus)

(verse 2)
Well I've heard the bawdy tunes
I've been in honkytonk saloons
I took my liquor by the vat
Well I stayed on call for a rousing brawl
Home was where I hung my hat

(chorus)

(verse 3)
Now I've courted many a girl
I've been in ports all around the world
But my rambling days are done
I've been from Curacao up to Tokyo
And I've found there's only one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.