Sunday, March 28, 2010

In the Pines

Settled on my own version of this for the uke. Chords are: C, C7, F, Eb, G, G7, C

In the Pines.

My girl, my girl, don't lie to me
Tell me where, where did you sleep last night?
In the pines, in the pines
Where the sun never shines
I shivered the whole night through

My daddy was a railway man
Died a mile and a half from town
His head was found in a driver wheel
His body has never been found

My girl, my girl, where'd you sleep last night?
Not even your mother knows
I stayed in the pines, where the sun never shines
I shivered where the cold winds blow.

My girl, my girl, don't you lie to me
Tell me where did you get that dress?
From a man in the pines, where the sun never shines
I shivered where the cold winds blow

Look down, look down, that lonesome road,
Hang down your head and cry.
Through the pines, through the pines, where the sun never shines,
And you shiver when the cold wind blows.

Loads of wonderful versions of this song out there: http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=in+the+pines+lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact ukegnome

Just email me: ukegnome@gmail.com or DM me: @ukegnome. I'll get back to you as soon as gnomishly possible.